Brief • 3 min Read
According to Yahoo News, “so much of what we know and love about sports will have to be re-thought, starting with how we can safely gather to watch them — especially when attendance gets bigger than, say, a Little League game.”
- Interestingly, Men (18%) are more likely than women (12%) to say sports leagues should restart the current season only when fans can attend.
- Women (37%) are more likely than men (30%) to say the season should be cancelled.
More virtual sports: There is no one action a majority say would make them feel safe to attend a sporting event or large venue event again… but some actions would make the public more comfortable
- (43%) say guaranteeing hygienic wiping down of seats;
- (40%) hand sanitizer at every seat;
- (39%) mandatory masks for food vendors;
- (35%) stadium seating configured for social distancing;
- (35%) maximum capacity limits to ensure 6-feet between patrons and staff.
- Bloomberg analyzes the lost Summer ahead for concerts.
Wave 8 of The Harris Poll COVID-19 Tracker was conducted online on April 18-20, 2020 among 2,029 U.S. adults.
Subscribe for more Insights
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest trends in business, politics, culture, and more.